1) I’m a middle grade writer represented by the amazing Tricia Lawrence of Erin Murphy Literary Agency.
2) I’m also a stay-at-home mom with two kiddos, and we spend a lot of time dancing.
3) A few years ago I said YES to a series of things to address gun violence… start an online petition, deliver that petition to the statehouse, hold a press conference, speak at that press conference even though though you’ve got a small child strapped to you… and I’ve ended up leading a statewide movement to pass gun violence prevention laws.
4) I’m allergic to parsnips. Of course, you have to eat parsnips to find that out, so this important detail of my life was hiding for 30 years. Who knows, maybe you’re allergic to them, too!
5) My favorite color is brown, and my favorite month is November (its serenity always makes October seem a touch melodramatic.)
6) My cat is named Kofi, and together we’re Kofi An’Ann.
7) I’m a strong proponent of creatures forming cross-species relationships and going on adventures.
I think that about covers it, but if you’re itching for an eighth thing, here is an newspaper article about me…
And to balance out the seriousness of that, here are some very silly pictures I took of my daughter and all of the adventures she went on as a infant. It’s always good to visit the moon before you’ve learned the joys of solid food.